Commonly Asked Questions about Facials
What is a Facial?
A facial is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment performed on the face and designed to address a range of skincare issues including acne, sun damage and dehydration.
At Contoura Facial Plastic Surgery, each custom designed facial is performed by our experienced aestheticians in one of our convenient locations. Every treatment can be customized to the unique needs of the individual patient, whether the goal is to exfoliate, hydrate or rejuvenate the skin.
Our team of 4 Aestheticians have a combined 30 years of experience in skin care and can tailor a custom package for the skin that can provide the patients with the best results.
Who are good candidates for a Facial?
Candidates for a Facial are any person that has the following conditions:
- Fine lines or wrinkles
- Loss of elasticity to the skin
- Skin discolorations
- Congested or Oily skin
- Dry or Sensitive Skin
- Rosacea prone skin
- Large pore sizes
How is a Facial Performed?
At Contoura Facial Plastic Surgery, our customized facials are performed only by licensed aestheticians.The steps involve cleansing, exfoliating, masking, and moisturizing the skin on your face, neck and chest.
Cleansing and toning: This functions to rid the skin of any debris that is obstructing the pores and allows for the pH of the skin to become better balanced.
Exfoliation: A process whereby the skin is sloughed of dying skin cells, allowing for a polishing of the outer layer of the skin. Gentle facial massaging serves to improve the blood flow to the facial muscles causing better oxygenation and removal of harmful oxidative stress.
Moisturizing the skin provides a protective barrier that allows the skin to maintain hydration and aids in keeping harmful elements from penetrating the skin.
What are the Different Types of Facials Offered?
- Post Surgical Lymphatic Facial– Gentle Facial including a lymphatic massage and microcurrent to increase healing time and reduce swelling.
- Signature Facial– A customized facial to address all skin types. An ideal start to a personalized monthly skincare regimen.
- Teen Facial– Includes a deep cleansing, exfoliation, extractions and treatment mask. Introduces teens to a healthy skincare regimen that will lead them to healthier skin care habits.
- Organic Peptide Facial– A non-chemical peel that uses a blend of fruit enzymes, organic aloe, and hyaluronic acid that will leave the skin hydrated, restored and rebalanced. Perfect for all skin types including those with sensitive skin and pregnant women.
- Oxygen Facial– The perfect “go and glow” facial. This treatment infuses oxygen, plant derived stem cells, peptides and enzymes leaving the skin refreshed and rejuvenated. Perfect for all skin types.
- Dermaplaning– An exfoliating treatment with added benefits of ridding the skin of vellus hair (peach fuzz). Perfect for all skin types including sensitive skin. It can be added to a Signature Facial or a Chemical Peel for added exfoliation.
- Microdermabrasion– An exfoliation treatment using either fine crystals or a diamond tip to remove the superficial layer of dead skin cells. Perfect for anyone with a dull complexion, uneven tone and texture. It can be added to a Chemical Peel for extra exfoliation and added benefits.
- Microneedling– Also known as collagen induction therapy. A minimally invasive treatment using a device with very fine needles to create a controlled skin injury. These microscopic wounds trigger a response from the body to create collagen and elastin. Perfect for improving the appearance of scars, stretch marks, pre size, texture and firmness.
What is the Recovery time?
The recovery time from any of these procedures is minimal to none. Almost all of our patients that receive our custom facials will return to their normal daily activity immediately.