Listen Up, Men – Anti-Aging Advice Isn’t Just For Women
- Posted on: Oct 30 2016
Nobody wants to look old. That’s a fact, and it’s also one of the reasons the anti-aging industry is a multi-billion dollar business. Additionally, the baby-boomers are healthier than their parents were, and are committed to living long, healthy lives. Men “of a certain age” are interested in looking youthful, and a growing number of them are opting for cosmetic surgery, visiting hair salons, and requesting injectable treatments.
If you are a guy, and would like a few suggestions to jump-start your skin-care routine, read on.
Start with basic daily skin care
- Clean your face with a gentle cleanser and then pat on a moisturizer. Nothing exaggerates the signs of aging like dry, flaky skin.
- Stay hydrated by drinking six to eight cups of water a day. Plain, simple water will help give your skin a more youthful appearance, from the inside out.
- Always wear sunscreen – exposure to the sun’s damaging rays is cumulative and is the number one cause of wrinkles and age spots.
- A good night’s sleep is important for how you look and feel. Most adults need seven to nine hours every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older. Short naps are a good thing if you can sneak one in each day.
- Daily exercise will help you maintain body tone, balance and flexibility – important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and also for your brain. Men who are fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby.
- Eating a healthy, Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Smoking creates lines and wrinkles around your mouth and eyes. It also stains your teeth, dulls your skin and can cause serious health problems that can rapidly age you. So, quit smoking if you can.